Writers: Klas Åhlund, Robyn
Producer: Klas Åhlund

Souljah Boy, Hurricane Chris, Shop Boyz, et. al., please use this song to take notes on how to make a novelty song that's good. Although Swedish singer Robyn isn't much of a rapper (much like y'all), she fills this song with so many quotable lines, it's simultaneously funny and not funny. I personally love "I'm so very hot that when I rob your mansion, you ain't callin' the cops, you call the fire station". Also, notice how she's not taking herself as seriously as y'all; in a way, she's in on the joke, which prevents her from becoming one like y'all. I wouldn't classify this song as hip-hop, but please do the genre a favor and use this song to make a listenable novelty song.


Writers: Peter Bjorn and John
Producer: Bjorn Yttling

Okay, I'm sure you've heard part of this song on a TV show or a commercial. Swedish band Peter Bjorn and John has created one of the most insanely catchy songs in a while. Seriously, I'd do the whistling part so much if I could whistle. Pretty much, the song is about 2 people who are starting a relationship; it highlights their excitement for the future and hesitation due to the past, then goes on to say all that matters is just those 2. It's refreshing to know that an insanely catchy song can still be a well-crafted pop song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment