#3 "Bird Flu"- M.I.A.


Writer: M.I.A.
Producers: M.I.A. with contributions from Switch

Before I begin, sorry for the long time between posts.

Word is that M.I.A. intended on making her second album Kala with producers such as Timbaland, Lil Jon, and Akon; however, she had problems getting a visa from the US government (possibly due to her ties to the Tamil Tigers). Instead, she traveled around the world and incorporated various sounds from her journey onto her album. From what I've found, she uses Tamil prayer drums on this song, which is just insane. She says she called it "Bird Flu", because in her words, "this beat gon' kill everyone". While the beat didn't kill everyone, it helped generate a lot of buzz for Kala. The lyrics are difficult to decipher, but I did find this blog entry a long while ago that does a much better job of explaining them than I ever could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment